Thursday, October 5, 2017

Gate Of Heaven

What will the guard at the Gate of Heaven ask me (maybe Jesus who I may or may not recognize then)?  Why should he let me into heaven?  I will say, I believe that even though I don't know I'm saved, even though I wasn't there to hear Jesus say to me personally that I will be with him in paradise, even though I can't be sure of my salvation, I am choosing to believe it.  I am operating on the assumption that what Jesus said was, and still is, true, and will remain true... he said I all I had to do to be saved was believe in him, in his words about how we are saved.  I am hoping that the faith I'm putting in Jesus won't turn out wanting - that he won't turn out to be a false prophet, a leaky boat, a bucket full of holes, just another person that will let me down again.  I’m putting all my eggs in his basket.  I’m counting all my chickens before they hatch.  Besides, to whom else should I go for salvation?  Jesus is the only way that has never been disproven as a means to salvation.  “After all else fails, whatever remains, no matter how unlikely it may seem to us, must be the answer.”  Jesus is the only way left.  Will the guard say, “I heard the words, Believe, Choose, Hope, and Faith.  You had me at believe.  You had me at believe.  Welcome home”?  (Choosing to believe, which is faith, and faith is translated as will = faith is choosing to believe with your will that something is so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment