Friday, January 5, 2018

Let Go Of The Right, The Fair, And The Just

Jesus was fiercely adamant about seeking justice… for his Dad (but not for humans) – and that shows up in Jesus’ anger that people don’t give the Dad his due - disrespecting him - by turning his house into a garage sale/bazaar (which is totally bizarre), instead of a simple house of worship and prayer.

But Jesus was not interested in seeking justice for his fellow man – Jesus was/is more interested in seeking forgiveness for them from his Dad instead.  So, I too, should not be so concerned with my own personal quest for justice for myself and/or for other humans.

Jesus doesn’t seem concerned about his own unfair mistreatment.  (He didn’t say a word when people falsely accused him.)  And, Jesus doesn’t seem taken off-track when his disciples can’t perform, or do the miracles, like he taught them to do.  (He just shows them how to do it again.)

He told people that when someone treats you unfairly (asking you to carry their stuff for them one mile), you should not grump about it, but go so far as to even offer and then carry it for two miles.  And when someone strikes you on one cheek, don’t fight back – don’t seek justice – but rather turn to them your other cheek – seek to forgive them instead.

This tells me I need to let go of my desire for everything to be right, fair, and just.  Jesus doesn’t seem to care if things are even here.  (Maybe he’ll just sort it all out later – after everybody is safe, at home, in Heaven.  Maybe Jesus just wants to get everyone there first – that’s the priority.  Then, we can figure out who was right – but will it matter then?  I doubt it.  Maybe we’ll all just be happy to even be in Heaven at all and not in hell.)

I should really always try to be about healing other people (getting them the healing they need – which should include both physical healing as well as spiritual healing, by making sure that God is forgiving them because they are important to Jesus – Jesus needs them in his crew), so I need to help Jesus get as many people forgiven as I can - no matter how I'm treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment